Descendants of William Wyers
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 WYERS was born November 16, 1816 in Lincolnshire, England,
and died 1899 in Saugatuck, Michigan (?). He married SARAH JANE
FOSTER. She was born Abt. 1825 in ENGLAND, and died in Mount Forest,
Notes for WILLIAM WYERS:
1871 Ontario census shows age as 45; 1881 Ontario census shows age as 60
and 1891 census shows age as 74 .In the early to mid-1870s advertised in Mount Forest Confederate
(newspaper) stock brick at Mount Forest Brick Yard on Sligo Street - William Wyers - Proprietor.
1881 Ontario census Mount Forest: William - age 60, Jane 56 and son George age 20 in
household. 1891 census in household of son Frederick - age 74 widowed. Mount Forest Confederate 21 September 1875 paid notice: Notice is hereby given against any person or persons, giving my husband William Wyers, any intoxicating liquor whatever, or they will be prosecuted to the utmost rigor of the law. Jane Wyers Mt.
Forest 20 September 1875. Mount Forest Confederate 30 November 1875 paid notice: INSOLVEMENT ACT
OF 1875: In the matter of William Wyers, of Mount Forest, an insolvent Writ of Attachment has been issued in this case, and the creditors are notified to meet at my office in the town of Guelph, on Tuesday 7th December, 1875, at 10 o'clock in the forenoon, to receive statements of his affairs, and to appoint an assignee, if they see fit, and for the ordering of the affairs of the estate generally. John Smith, Assignee, Guelph November 10, 1875. 1871 - William Wyers shown on Mount Forest land records as having 5 acres on Sligo Street, east section, lot #1, which would have been corner of Main St. & Sligo. William shown as age 48 on records.
Children of WILLIAM WYERS and SARAH FOSTER are:
2. i. JOHN W.2 WYERS, b. February 08, 1847, CANADA.
3. ii. ROBERT WYERS, b. November 06, 1849, CANADA.
4. iii. FREDERICK WYERS, b. November 04, 1851, CANADA; d. June 11, 1921,
SOUTH HAVEN, MI VAN BUREN CO..
iv. HARRIET WYERS, b. March 08, 1853, CANADA; d. December 21, 1876,
Mount Forest, Ont.
Notes for HARRIET WYERS:
Harriet Wyers buried in Mount Forest Cemetery. Cemetery records show death date as 21 December 1876 - age 22 years & 8 months.
v. SARAH ANN WYERS, b. March 28, 1855, Canada; m. JAMES CURLE, May 05, 1874, Mount Forest, Ont.
5. vi. JAMES WILLIAM WYERS, b. June 18, 1858, Flambrough, Ontario (?); d. March 18, 1929, Charlevoix, Mich..
vii. ALBERT WYERS, b. February 22, 1859, CANADA.
6. viii. GEORGE A. WYERS, b. March 27, 1861, Mount Forest, Ont.; d.
February 09, 1937, Mount Forest, Ont..
ix. THOMAS WYERS, b. September 19, 1863, CANADA; d. April 09, 1867,
Mount Forest, Ont.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN W.2 WYERS (WILLIAM1) was born February 08, 1847 in CANADA. He
married OLIVIA ANN KEELER May 25, 1872 in Mount Forest, Ont. She was
born April 1852 in Arthur, Ont, and died August 02, 1920 in SOUTH HAVEN,
Children of JOHN WYERS and OLIVIA KEELER are:
7. i. JOHN HENRY3 WYERS, b. 1872, CANADA; d. June 29, 1898, SOUTH HAVEN, MI.
ii. OLIVE MAY WYERS, b. Abt. 1874; m. BENJAMIN WADE, December 24, 1893,
VAN BUREN CO, MI; b. Abt. 1872.
iii. OSCAR WYERS, b. September 1879, MI; m. (1) MAUDE BENTON; b.
September 1883, MI; m. (2) MAY; b. 1879, CALIF.
iv. MAUD WYERS, b. September 1886, MI.
v. LUESETTA B. WYERS, b. July 1890, MI; m. GEORGE MOORHEAD.
8. vi. FLORENCE WYERS, b. August 1895, MI.
3. ROBERT2 WYERS (WILLIAM1) was born November 06, 1849 in CANADA. He
married ISABELLA KEELER October 10, 1873 in Mount Forest, Ont. She was born November 1857 in Arthur, Ont.
Notes for ROBERT WYERS:
From Mount Forest land records: Purchased 2 acres on Sligo Road 29 December 1877. Sold 2 acres on Sligo Road 5 November 1878.
Children of ROBERT WYERS and ISABELLA KEELER are:
i. GEORGE A.3 WYERS, b. January 1877, CANADA; m. BETTY SHULSTED.
ii. HENRY WYERS, b. November 1878, MI.
iii. SARAH J. WYERS, b. March 1883, MI; m. CHARLES WASON.
9. iv. ALICE M. WYERS, b. January 1890, South Haven, Mich.
4. FREDERICK2 WYERS (WILLIAM1) was born November 04, 1851 in CANADA, and died June 11, 1921 in SOUTH HAVEN, MI VAN BUREN CO.. He married HANNAH CURLE December 25, 1875 in Mount Forest, Ont, daughter of WILLIAM CURLE and MARY ELLEN. She was born November 05, 1853 in Canada,
Egremont, and died 1935 in SOUTH HAVEN, MI VAN BUREN CO..
Notes for FREDERICK WYERS:
Mount Forest Confederate - 3 December 1878 - At a cost of about $400, Mr. F. Wyers has erected a one and one half story dwelling on Sligo Road. 29 December 1877 purchased 2 acres on Sligo Road, Mount Forest
12 February 1901 - sold 2 acres on Sligo Road.
More About HANNAH CURLE:
Fact 1: Mary ?
Children of FREDERICK WYERS and HANNAH CURLE are:
i. ROBERT3 WYERS, b. 1878, Mount Forest, Ont; d. August 09, 1879, Mount Forest, Ont.
ii. DOROTHY WYERS, b. September 1881, MT. FORREST, CANADA; m. (1)
STEPHENS; m. (2) STAFFORD.
10. iii. MARY JANE WYERS, b. 1885, MT. FORREST, ONT., CANADA; d. 1938.
iv. ELIZABETH ANN WYERS, b. February 09, 1886, MT. FORREST, ON.,
CANADA; m. ALBERT CHADDEN.
v. ELSIE PEARL WYERS, b. February 1887, MT. FORREST, CANADA; d. January
03, 1922, SOUTH HAVEN, MI VAN BUREN CO..
Notes for ELSIE PEARL WYERS:
Marriage 30 January 1908 @ East Jordan, Mich. Elsie Wyers age 22 - born Mich. to
William Taylor - age 33 - born Ireland. Taylor's parents John Taylor - Sarah Payne.
11. vi. FREDERICK WYERS, b. September 1888, MT. FORREST, ONT., CANADA.
vii. NORMAN CURLE WYERS, b. August 1893, MT. FORREST, CANADA; d. 1973.
5. JAMES WILLIAM2 WYERS (WILLIAM1) was born June 18, 1858 in Flambrough, Ontario (?), and died March 18, 1929 in Charlevoix, Mich.. He married MARY JANE CONN May 12, 1880 in Mount Forest, Ontario,
daughter of THOMAS CONN and CHARLOTTE. She was born 1860 in Ontario, and died 1935 in MICH.
Notes for JAMES WILLIAM WYERS:
Mt. Forest Confederate 18 May 1880 - In Mt. Forest, at the residence of James Curle, on the 13th
inst. by Rev. E.W. Barber, James Wyers, Mt. Forest, married Mary Jane, dau. of Wm. Conn of
township of Garafraxa. (Thomas William Conn??) 29 December 1877 - purchased 1 acre on Sligo Road, Mt. Forest. 11 April 1888 - last real estate deal - sold property on Sligo Road.
Notes for MARY JANE CONN:
Father Thomas (William ?) Conn, township of Garafraxa, Ontario. 1871 Ontario census - East Garafraxa. Head of Household: Thomas Conn, age 48, Born Ireland Religion Church of England, Origin - Irish, Occupation-Farmer.
Charlotte--age 42, Born-Ireland. Others all born in Ontario: Mary Jane - 10; Jemmima (?) Female 8; Sarah
- 5; Isabella -4; and Samuel - 2.
Children of JAMES WYERS and MARY CONN are:
i. THOMAS3 WYERS, b. March 1881, CANADA.
ii. GEORGE H. WYERS, b. April 1882, CANADA.
iii. JAMES W. WYERS, b. July 1885, CANADA; m. BEATRICE IRENE LIGHTHEART, 1907, ALLEGAN CO, MICH; b. 1885, DOUGLAS, MI.
12. iv. OLIVE M. WYERS, b. September 1887, Mount Forest, Ont.
13. v. RUTH I. WYERS, b. February 20, 1890, MT. FOREST, CANADA; d. February 26, 1974, Holland, Mi.
vi. RUSSELL C. WYERS, b. July 1898, MICH.
14. vii. DELBERT WESLEY WYERS, b. March 29, 1900, MICHIGAN; d. January 02, 1972, HOLLAND, MICH..
viii. SARAH WYERS, b. 1904.
6. GEORGE A.2 WYERS (WILLIAM1) was born March 27, 1861 in Mount Forest, Ont., and died February 09, 1937 in Mount Forest, Ont.. He married (1) SARAH J. WRIGHT. She was born Abt. 1865 in Ontario, and died March 1895 in Mount Forest, Ont. He married (2) SARAH ELIZABETH FOSTER July 15,
1896 in ALLEGAN CO, MICH, daughter of JOHN FOSTER and JANE POLLAN. She was born July 09, 1872 in Mount Forest, Ont., and died August 08, 1931 in Mount Forest, Ont.
Notes for GEORGE A. WYERS:
Obit February 18, 1937 - Life long resident (of Mount Forest) who was highly respected by all, and
the last member of his family. Before ill health seized him a few years ago, he was steadily employed as a brick layer and stone mason and helped in the erection of many buildings in the town and district. Funeral took place at his late residence on Elgin Street. Buried at Mount Forest Cemetery.
Notes for SARAH ELIZABETH FOSTER:
From obituary. Maiden name was Sarah Elizabeth Foster, was daughter of John Foster and Jane
Paulin, pioneers of Mount Forest. Attended school in Mount Forest. Brother John O. Foster died
ten years prior (1921). Sister Mary (Mrs. Roland B. Brady of Mimico. Half Sister Agnes (Mrs.
James Curle), Moore Park, Manitoba. Half Brothers William Lennox, Bruce, Alberta; and James
Lennox, Mount Forest. Rev. J.B. Paulin, D.D., professor of St. Andrews College, Aurora (a cousin).
J.A. Johnstone, editor of the Mildmay Gazette (a cousin). James & William Ross and misses Bella & Mary Ross of Fergus (cousins).
Children of GEORGE WYERS and SARAH WRIGHT are:
i. WILLIAM D.3 WYERS, b. 1886, Mount Forest, Ont; d. November 20, 1894, Mount Forest, Ont.
ii. LILLIE M. WYERS, b. 1891, Mount Forest, Ont; d. April 11, 1893, Mount Forest, Ont.
iii. HELENA WYERS, b. March 1895, Mount Forest, Ont; d. October 22, 1934, Rosetown, Sask.; m. WILLIAM STANLEY.
More About HELENA WYERS:
Fact 1: Obit stated she had 9 children
Children of GEORGE WYERS and SARAH FOSTER are:
iv. VERA3 WYERS.
Notes for VERA WYERS:
July 2, 1930 - Attended sister Mabel Gladys at her wedding to Hugh Gibson@ Foleyet, Ont.
June 2, 1947 - Carrying arm in a sling as result of a fall - torn ligaments and severe bruises.
July 1948 - Acting Librarian at Carnegie Library.
October 21, 1943 - District Deputy President Sister Vera Wyers busy with installation ceremonies
in various Rebekah Lodges throughout district - visited Fergus, Elora, Drayton, Guelph &
July 1, 1954 - Miss Vera Wyers of Mount Forest Public School staff was
recipient of a long service Red Cross medal for her Junior Red Cross work in connection with
her duties at the school.
May 24, 1962 - Suffered a fall at home last week resulting in painful injury. Broken right wrist
and possible fractures.
v. MABEL GLADYS WYERS, b. 1900, Mount Forest, Ont; d. 1963, Mount Forest, Ont; m. HUGH GIBSON, July 02, 1930, Foleyet, Ont.; b. 1899, Ontario; d. June 28, 1949, Foleyet, Ont..
vi. MARY E. WYERS, b. 1914, Mount Forest, Ont; d. 1937, Buried in Mount Forest, Ont.; m. FRANK BALL.
Generation No. 3
7. JOHN HENRY3 WYERS (JOHN W.2, WILLIAM1) was born 1872 in CANADA, and died June 29, 1898 in SOUTH HAVEN, MI. He married MARY E. WADE July 13, 1892 in VAN BUREN CO. MI.
Children of JOHN WYERS and MARY WADE are:
i. RAY4 WYERS.
ii. MAY WYERS, b. April 1896, SOUTH HAVEN, MI; d. October 11, 1896, SOUTH HAVEN, MI.
8. FLORENCE3 WYERS (JOHN W.2, WILLIAM1) was born August 1895 in MI. She married JOHN STANZ.
Child of FLORENCE WYERS and JOHN STANZ is:
i. OLIVE BETTY4 STANZ.
9. ALICE M.3 WYERS (ROBERT2, WILLIAM1) was born January 1890 in South Haven, Mich. She married JULIAN H. WASON April 01, 1908 in Otsego, Mich Allegan County. He was born 1888 in Bloomingdale, Mich.
Notes for ALICE M. WYERS:
Marriage data 30 March 1908. Julian residence Bloomingdale, Mich. Alice - Plainwell, Mich.
Julian's parents: Homer Wasson & Mary J. Foster. Witnesses: Mr. & Mrs. Charles Wasson
Children of ALICE WYERS and JULIAN WASON are:
15. i. GLADYS4 WASON.
ii. ALBERT WASON.
iii. LARRY WASON.
iv. ROBERT WASON.
v. DIANNE WASON.
10. MARY JANE3 WYERS (FREDERICK2, WILLIAM1) was born 1885 in MT. FORREST, ONT., CANADA, and died 1938. She married FRED REYNOLDS.
Child of MARY WYERS and FRED REYNOLDS is:
i. ROY ERNEST4 REYNOLDS, b. February 07, 1902.
11. FREDERICK3 WYERS (FREDERICK2, WILLIAM1) was born September 1888 in MT. FORREST, ONT., CANADA. He married ZADA MAUDE WHITLOW. She was born April 11, 1891 in SOUTH HAVEN, MI, and died September 29, 1962 in SOUTH HAVEN, MI.
Children of FREDERICK WYERS and ZADA WHITLOW are:
16. i. GILBERT AUSTIN4 WYERS, b. January 11, 1914, SOUTH HAVEN, MI; d. October 09, 1989, DUNDIN, FL.
17. ii. FRANCES ELSIE WYERS, b. May 09, 1917, SOUTH HAVEN, MI.
12. OLIVE M.3 WYERS (JAMES WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born September 1887 in Mount Forest, Ont. She married GEORGE HENRY MEYER June 20, 1908 in Holland, Michigan. He was born October 11, 1883 in Michigan.
Notes for OLIVE M. WYERS:
Marriage 20 June 1908. Husband George Meyer's parents: John Meyer & Rose Blades.
George residence Laketown, Mi. & Olive's Holland, Mi.
Children of OLIVE WYERS and GEORGE MEYER are:
i. MARIAN ISABELL4 MEYER, b. March 19, 1913, Holland, Mi.; m. DONALD FABER.
ii. EVEYLN LOTTIE MEYER, b. May 29, 1915, Holland, Mi; m. HARVEY DOZEMAN.
iii. DELBERT MEYER, b. 1920.
iv. ROBERT VERUE MEYER, b. June 28, 1925, Holland, Mi; d. June 07, 1989, Holland, Mi.
More About ROBERT VERUE MEYER:
Burial: Graafschap Cemetery , Holland Mi.
v. EDWARD ALLEN MEYER, b. February 01, 1928, Holland, Mi; d. January 24, 1986, Holland, Mi.
More About EDWARD ALLEN MEYER:
Burial: Graafschap Cemetery , Holland Mi.
13. RUTH I.3 WYERS (JAMES WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born February 20, 1890 in MT. FOREST, CANADA, and died February 26, 1974 in Holland, Mi. She married (1) ELIJAH O'BRIEN April 03, 1909 in CHARLEVOIX CO, CHARLEVOIX, MICH, son of JAMES O'BRIEN and ALINA VAN DUSEN. He was born 1889 in MICH. She married (2) ALBERT E. MEYER 1920. He was born April 05, 1889 in Laketown Twp., Allegan Co, Mi., and died February 15, 1945 in Laketown Twp., Allegan Co, Mi..
More About RUTH I. WYERS:
Burial: Graafschap Cemetery , Holland Mi.
More About ALBERT E. MEYER:
Burial: Graafschap Cemetery , Holland Mi.
Child of RUTH WYERS and ELIJAH O'BRIEN is:
i. JAY F.4 O'BRIEN, b. 1910, MICH.
14. DELBERT WESLEY3 WYERS (JAMES WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born March 29, 1900 in MICHIGAN, and died January 02, 1972 in HOLLAND, MICH.. He married MILDRED INEZ FULLER November 24, 1934 in DeKALB CO, AL1, daughter of JAMES FULLER and HATTIE HAYS. She was born February 18, 1910 in RAVIA, OKLA, and died December 21, 1975 in Fort Payne, Al..
Children of DELBERT WYERS and MILDRED FULLER are:
18. i. JAMES DELBERT4 WYERS, b. September 16, 1935, DeKALB CO, AL.
19. ii. MARY WYERS, b. June 21, 1937.
Generation No. 4
15. GLADYS4 WASON (ALICE M.3 WYERS, ROBERT2, WILLIAM1) She married JOHN POLLOCK.
Child of GLADYS WASON and JOHN POLLOCK is:
i. LINDA5 POLLOCK, m. WEIDMAN.
16. GILBERT AUSTIN4 WYERS (FREDERICK3, FREDERICK2, WILLIAM1) was born January 11, 1914 in SOUTH HAVEN, MI, and died October 09, 1989 in DUNDIN, FL. He married THEOLA GRANT, daughter of JAMES GRANT and EDNA. She was born October 12, 1918, and died November 07, 1988 in DUNDIN, FL.
Children of GILBERT WYERS and THEOLA GRANT are:
i. GILBERT TERRY5 WYERS, b. August 09, 1938; m. CAROLE LEA RIDLEY, February 18, 1956, SOUTH HAVEN, MI; b. June 04, 1940, SOUTH HAVEN, MI.
ii. JEFFERY GRANT WYERS, b. April 10, 1943; m. BONNIE BAKER.
iii. CYNTHIA DEANN WYERS, b. July 11, 1951.
iv. SHAUNA WYERS, b. February 11, 1955.
17. FRANCES ELSIE4 WYERS (FREDERICK3, FREDERICK2, WILLIAM1) was born May 09, 1917 in SOUTH HAVEN, MI. She married FORD HESS August 24, 1940. He was born May 26, 1916.
Child of FRANCES WYERS and FORD HESS is:
i. ANN JEANNETTE5 HESS, b. April 08, 1953; m. MICHAEL PINSKE, May 17, 1987; b. July 05, 1945.
18. JAMES DELBERT4 WYERS (DELBERT WESLEY3, JAMES WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born September 16, 1935 in DeKALB CO, AL2. He married DIXIE ANN BYNUM July 19, 1958 in DADE CO, GEORGIA, daughter of JESSE BYNUM and ESTELL CODY. She was born May 18, 1940 in DeKALB CO, AL.
Children of JAMES WYERS and DIXIE BYNUM are:
i. PAMELA SUE5 WYERS, b. April 10, 1959, CHATTANOOGA, TN; m. (1) DWIGHT DAVID HASTY, May 26, 1978, JACKSON CO, AL; b. May 31, 1957, HUNTSVILLE, AL; m. (2) TOM WERSTLER, September 21, 1991, HUNTSVILLE, AL.
ii. BRENDA KAY WYERS, b. April 08, 1960, FT. OGLETHORPE, GA; m. CHARLES SHELTON ROSS, December 29, 1984, Huntsville, Al Madison Co.; b. October 05, 1962, BIRMINGHAM, AL.
iii. BARBARA ANN WYERS, b. June 05, 1961, GA; d. June 05, 1961, GA.
iv. TINA MARIE WYERS, b. May 20, 1963, FT. OGLETHORPE, GA.
19. MARY4 WYERS (DELBERT WESLEY3, JAMES WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born June 21, 1937. She married JIMMY LENDEN GIFFORD November 02, 1956 in Albany, Ga Dougherty Co., son of WILLIAM GIFFORD and LELA BAILEY. He was born May 27, 1933.
Children of MARY WYERS and JIMMY GIFFORD are:
i. MICHAEL DEWAYNE5 GIFFORD, b. October 11, 1961, CHATTANOOGA, TN; m. MARGARET ANN RICKETS; b. July 30, 1957.
ii. RISA ELAINE GIFFORD, b. April 18, 1963, Chattanoga, Tn; m. WILLIAM E. KITCHENS; b. December 07, 1961.